Below, you will find a list of the essential equipment needed to walk the route:
- Hiking backpack, 20 l. or more
- Water bottle
- Cavalls del Vent official map
- First-aid kit
- Mobile phone with battery charged and charger
- Headlamp and spare batteries
- Technical hiking / trekking footwear
- Breathable technical T-shirt
- Breathable socks
- Trousers and shorts
- Fleece jacket
- Rain / windproof jacket
- Hiking sleeping bag
- Microfiber towel
- Your documentation and money in cash
- Trekking poles
Suggested equipment you also might be interested in:
- Fleece blanket
- Hiking cap
- GPS device with battery charged and the Cavalls del Vent track on it
- Provisions for the day (nuts and dried fruits, picnic)
When booking, you can take an accident insurance (including mountain rescue) for the days you will be trekking.
The price of the insurance depends on the lenght of your trip:
- 2 days (1 night): 10,00 € per person
- 3 days (2 nights): 14,00 € per person
- From 4 to 6 days: 21,00 € per person
- From 7 to 10 days: 29,00 € per person
When booking, you can take a cancellation insurance.
The price of this insurance depends on the total amount of your reservation:
- 16,00 € if the insured capital is up to 300 € per person
- 29,00 € if the insured capital is up to 600 € per person
Discounts for members of the FEEC
Some of the mountain huts apply discounts for members of the FEEC. If that's your case, you must indicate it when booking and the discount will be reflected in the final amount. Remember to take your license with you during the trip because you'll need to show it at the mountain huts..
If you need a taxi to one of the mountain huts or if you want to hire a baggage transport, you can contact us.
If you don't know where to leave your pet during your trek, we can offer you a kennels where they will take care of it.
If you want to enjoy a more complete experience with a mountain guide you can contact us to check the dates with Scheduled groups. You can also hire a guide to accompany you on your journey for the dates that suit you best.
All mountain huts can provide vegetarian or vegan menus and take into account intolerances or allergies. If you have any special dietary requirements, please specify it in the comments section of your booking.