In the 90 's, the guards of the mountain huts in the Natural Park used to meet each other at the mountain passes between them. Everyone brought something to eat and drink, and on a improvised table they shared their lunch boxes, as they talked about how things were going in their mountain huts. There, at the passes, they wished each other all the luck in the world and, with a warm goodbye, they wished everything to go well.
All of them were mountaineers: climbers, explorers, adventurers..., experienced people who, out of their season as guards, kept touring mountains. One of their destinations, temple for them all, were the imposing Himalayas. When the guards met there, they melted into each other’s arms, surrounded by prayer flags, and expressed their best wishes to each other.
These prayer flags are called Lung-Ta, which in Tibetan means "Wind Horse". They symbolize the inner wind, the power of the force of desires and what you want to achieve.
For that reason, when it was decided to connect the mountain huts by a circular tour they did not hesitate to name it Cavalls del Vent, turning the horse of Tibetan flags into it's logo.
Since then, Cavalls del Vent has become one of the indispensable routes for hiking enthusiasts.
Cavalls del Vent's values are the values of a team in love with the territory and committed to it:
- Sustainability: we are 100% committed to sustainable tourism development. For the planet, for the territory, so that the impact of visitors alters as little as possible the balance of the Cadí-Moixeró Natural Park.
- Integrity: moral strenght, righteousness and honesty are core values of the project.
- Quality: we work to ensure that our products and services meet the needs and expectations of all visitors.
- Innovation: we develop new services and products in order to ensure positive experiences within the Cadí-Moixeró Natural Park.
- Constructive spirit: we always keep a positive, optimistic and creative attitude, and we try to pass it on to our visitors.
Cadí-Moixeró Natural Park
The habitats and landscapes of the Cadí-Moixeró Natural Park are unique, of great spectacularity and beauty. Walking on its ridges, valleys and slopes allows you to discover the geological history of these mountains, to be filled with the beauty of a changing flora and vegetation with each season, and to watch with attentive gaze and curious attitude the coming and going of the numerous fauna of medium and high mountain that inhabits this territory, or to discover their traces in every corner. Enjoy, at the same time, the abundant cultural heritage, both material and immaterial, of the 17 municipalities in the Park, an interesting gastronomy, the quality of products developed by local producers, and the hospitality of its people. An unforgettable experience!
Jordi Garcia Petit
Director of the Cadí-Moixeró Natural Park
Pedratour DMC is the travel agency that manages Cavalls del Vent. It operates mainly in the Catalan Pyrenees and sells trips and experiences that combine activities, nature, culture and gastronomy.
We design trips, we build experiences, we create unforgettable memories.
Marinel·la Mosquera Artero
CEO Pedratour DMC